Do you love having outdoor celebrations with family and friends, but dread having to spend the entire day at the hot, smoky grill? If you answered “yes and yes”, then Capriotti’s has the perfect solution! Check out the Grilling Menu Options for your next gathering…
In addition to our delicious grilling options, we’ve thrown in 7 handy tips we use when grilling for our customers!
- Get it hot. Always remember to preheat your grill 15 to 20 minutes before you start cooking. If you’re cooking on high, the grill should be 400-450°F, 350-400°F for medium-high, 300-350°F for medium and 250-300°F for low heat. When the grill is heated correctly, the food will sear immediately when placed on the grill and keep the inside moist.
- Keep it clean. After preheating the grill, use a long handled grill brush to clean off any residue or charred pieces left from previous grillings. And to make it easier for next time, scrape the grill as soon as you’re done grilling.
- Oil the rack. To prevent food from sticking, oil the hot grill rack by holding a vegetable oil soaked paper towel with tongs and rubbing it over the rack. And remember, NEVER use cooking spray on a hot grill!
- Food safety is always a top priority at Capriotti’s. Avoid cross contamination by using separate plates, cutting boards and utensils for raw and cooked foods. Remember to keep foods refrigerated while it’s marinating, and always throw out the extra marinade…don’t use it for basting.
- Is it ready? All too often, you may be tempted to cut open the meat or chicken while it’s cooking to see if it’s done, resulting in all the juices escaping. The best way to know if it is fully cooked is to check the items internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer. Chicken should register 165°F, Steak at 145°F, Ground Beef should be well done at a minimum of 160°F and Pork at 145°F
- Flare-ups happen. When fat drips onto the heat below, it catches fire and causes flames to char the outside of your food, while the inside is still raw. The best ways to reduce flare-ups are to select leaner cuts of meat, trim excess fat and remove the skin from your chicken. It’s also a good idea to keep a squirt bottle of water near the grill to douse any unexpected flare-ups.
- Let it rest. To allow the juices to redistribute evenly, once all items have reached the recommended internal temperatures, place finished meats and chicken on a clean platter, tented with foil, for about 10 minutes to rest. Then, enjoy!
At Capriotti’s Catering we offer our Sizzlin Grillin Menu, our Picnic Menu, our Chicken BBQ Menu, and our Steak Grilling Menu with options to add on even more deliciously grilled items. So when you’re ready to throw that big party, invite the guests, sit back with a cold beverage and let Capriotti’s do the grilling!