Struggling to think of the perfect gift for the bride and groom? Skip the registry and make your gift unique by customizing a gift basket that fits in with activities the bride and groom relish. Put together a themed basket with the soon-to-be happy couple in mind and create a gift that is personal and thoughtful.
To get started, think of what they take joy in doing. Do they like the outdoors, like to cook, or just like being together? Stuck for ideas? Check out their Facebook pages and stalk on the pictures they’ve posted over the last year! Once you’ve come up with your idea, tailor the basket to their interests and create a one-of-a-kind gift. Packing the items into a unique container adds fun and flare to your gift. Here are some gift basket theme ideas to get you started:
- Wine Connoisseurs – Include a few bottles of their favorite wine and order custom labels to commemorate their “big day”. Add in a high tech wine opener, monogramed stemless wine glasses, gourmet chocolates, whimsical cocktail napkins, and an insulated wine bag for taking wine to their favorite BYOB. Place it all in a festive ice bucket and wrap it up with ribbon and a decorative wine stopper as an accent.
- Cooking Enthusiasts – Purchase a colorful cookbook or create a collection of your favorite family recipes (laminated and attached to a ring), add kitchen gadgets, colorful hand towels, and a gift card to their favorite restaurant just in case dinner doesn’t turn out so well! Place all the items in a beautiful ceramic serving bowl and tie it up with matching ribbons with measuring spoons attached for decor.
- Outdoor Adventurers – Gather brochures from attractions within 60 miles of their home. Include local wineries, fun 5K’s like color runs or pub runs, biking and hiking trails, camping, parks, and farms. Use a cooler as the basket and add in water bottles, snacks, and a gift certificate for outdoor recreation such as whitewater rafting or kayaking or tickets to an outdoor concert or amusement park.
- Movie Buffs – Create a basket for a stay at home movie night. Include gift cards for a movie rental like Red Box or add in a streaming device such as Google Chrome Cast along with a Google Play gift card. A bottle of wine, a box of candy, and a bag of gourmet popcorn adds the finishing touch! Toss in a gift card for the local theater to give them the option to head out for the movies. Place it all in a big bowl, perfect for popcorn sharing.
- Pamper Them – Give a gift certificate for services at a local Spa. Both the Bride and Groom will appreciate a couples massage, facial, or pedicures after all the hustle and bustle of the wedding! Tuck the gift certificate into a decorative basket filled with body wash, facial scrub, lotions, loofahs, and cooling eye masks.
- Shout Out to the Mr. and Mrs. – the newly weds will love seeing their names monogramed on glasses, note cards, towels, travel mugs, water bottles, or beer koozies, all placed in a custom monogrammed ice bucket. Wrap it up and add on a monogramed keyring to hold the key to their new home.
So whatever your Bride or Groom love to do, take a few moments to choose items that reflect their personality and interests. The extra effort and thoughtfulness put into creating a special basket will be sure to place your gift on the top of their list for the Perfect Gift!